Subscribe to our Newsletter to keep up to date with everything happening at Riverside Training (Spalding) Ltd

Published by Riverside Training (Spalding) Ltd

Apprenticeships provide young people and employees with the opportunity to acquire qualifications through work-based training as opposed to going to university or college.

Further education does not suit everyone, so the opportunity to be able to earn while you learn is a great alternative for those who would rather jump- start their career after leaving school.

We offer a wide range of apprenticeships and advanced apprenticeships in childcare, supporting teaching and learning in schools, health and social care, business administration, customer service and management at Level 2 and Level 3.

These are delivered at our Spalding training centre or in the workplace in line with the needs of the business and the learner.

Now, as part of the Government's drive to train three million new apprentices by 2020, apprenticeship funding is about to change.

A new apprenticeship levy is coming into force from next month in England.

This new tax will require employers to invest in apprenticeships - with the size of the investment dependent on the size of the business.

Large employers with a wage bill of more than £3m each year will pay 0.5% of this figure as an apprenticeship levy - regardless of whether or not they employ apprentices. But they will receive £15,000 to offset the cost of implementing the scheme.

Many nursery chains with more than a handful of settings will qualify for the levy - and even those with charitable status will not be exempt.

Smaller employers - including childcare settings - too small to be eligible for the levy will be liable for an up-front compulsory cash contribution towards the cost of training and assessing an apprentice if they hire one.

The Government will pay 90% of the cost, with the employer paying the remaining 10%.

Historically small companies, those with less than 50 employees, have formed a critical part of the employment of young apprentices between the ages of 16and 18 years old.

Therefore, the Government will pay 100% of the cost of training and assessment of 16 to 18 year olds for these businesses.

In addition, all employers regardless of size, will receive a support payment of £1,000 for employing a 16 to 18 year old apprentice - even where the Government has awarded 100% funding.

The training provider and employer will also receive an incentive payment of £1,000 from the Government for delivering apprenticeship training for a 16 to18 year old.

It's important to note that changes to apprenticeship funding will not affect apprentices who have been accepted onto their training programme before May this year. The terms and conditions which applied when they started their training will remain in force for the duration of the course.

If you are interested in learning more about our apprenticeship programme for you or your company then click the link to have a member of our team to get back to you!

Alternatively you can contact us by telephone on 01775 710945 or via e-mail to arrange an appointment with one of our experienced assessors to find out the full benefits of apprenticeships for you and your company.