Level 1 Diploma Introduction H/S Care Settings
• is aimed at learners who wish to develop an understanding of these settings before deciding whether working in the sector is for them
• allows learners to gain the knowledge, understanding and skills required for employment and/or career progression in the sectors
• allows learners to tailor their learning to their interests through the provision of a broad range of optional units
• provides opportunities for the development of transferable skills
• supports progression to Level 2 qualifications in health, social care or children's settings
• provides learners with the opportunity to progress to employment, in due course, in a range of job roles in the care sectors.
Who is it suitable for?
Anyone considering a career in health and/or social care with adults or children and young people.
What are the entry requirements?
You should be at least 14 years old. We do not set any other entry requirements.
How many credits are required to complete it?
The Diploma requires 37 credts.
How is it assessed?
It will be assessed by your Tutor or Assessor using a range of methods. This could include tasks such as designing charts or leaflets, coursework or methods such as oral questioning.
Do you need to be working to take the qualification?
No, as this is a knowledge-only qualification.
How long does it take to complete?
You can usually complete it in a year or less.
The Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care, the Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce or the Level 2 Certificate in an Introduction to Early Years Education and Care.